phpBB Gallery upgrade from 1.1.x to 1.2+

About my port of nickvergessen's phpBB Gallery.
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Lucifer
Site Admin
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

phpBB Gallery upgrade from 1.1.x to 1.2+

Post by Lucifer » 07 Jan 2015, 18:26

So ... you have old gallery (1.1.6 or something older) and you want to migrate from phpBB 3.0.x to 3.1.x?

This can not be done automatically, so you will need to do some things by yourself.

Before starting the upgrade of your board you will need some preparation. phpBB 3.0 and 3.1 have different file structure and different way of handling extensions. This is why in 3.0 it's called a MOD (short for modification) and in 3.1 it's called EXT (short for extension). This is why the file structure is different.

Before everything else copy the images. Create a new directory $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery with same security parameters as your files directory. Then create $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery/core (with the same parameters) and then $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery/core/source (basically you are creating a part of the file structure that the extension will create later).

Copy the content of $phpbb_root_path/gallery/images/upload to $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery/core/source.

Change owner of the files in $phpbb_root_path/files/phpbbgallery/core/source

Save your configuration from ACP -> phpBB Gallery -> Configure

Upgrade your board. Best is to follow the official upgrade guide. Delete the gallery directory in the root of your board.

Open your database (either using phpMyAdmin or mysql from console) and execute the following SQL:

Code: Select all

DELETE FROM tableprefix_modules WHERE module_basename LIKE '%gallery%'
tableprefix by default is phpbb.

Install the extension. Follow the installation instructions.

Install EXIF add-on (this is mandatory). You could remove the extension later, but in versions prior to 1.2.0 the EXIF was a core feature and table is changed.

Restore your settings from the saved ones.

Have fun!

P.S.: If by some random chance you see images missing, and you can see their files in source dir ... you will have to execute the following sql statement:

UPDATE tableprefix_gallery_images SET image_filemissing = 0 WHERE image_filemissing = 1
This is happening primly when you try to view the gallery before copying the images ...

le.poke
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: phpBB Gallery upgrade from 1.1.x to 1.2+

Post by le.poke » 24 Aug 2015, 16:20

Hi all

I have a 3.0.14 phpbb running well with phpbbgallery 1.1.6 and board3_portal_2.0.2

For a try in local with WAMP server i have just done the upgrade of my forum from 3.0.14 to 3.1.5 and did the install of the galery 1.2 following your phpBB Gallery upgrade from 1.1.x to 1.2+ tutorial and your install tutorial

from the forum i have acces to the galery but in the ACP when i clic on EXTENSIONS i get this erreur :

Erreur générale
Impossible de trouver le module « ./../includes/acp/acp_gallery.php »

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 571
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
in english

General Error
Cannot find module « ./../includes/acp/acp_gallery.php »

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 571
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot1.png (30.43 KiB) Viewed 6390 times
and i can't manage the galery or any other extensions from the ACP because of that !!

Any idea(s)????

By the way, i'm new on this forum, my name is Jérôme and i'm from Nancy France ... and thank you for continuing the support on this amazing mod/extension

Sorry for my poor english

Lucifer
Site Admin

Post by Lucifer » 30 Aug 2015, 16:41

You will need to delete all ACP modules from the old gallery.

Go to ACP->System -> Administration control panel and find all references related to phpBB Gallery.

or use mediison_upgrade tool -> https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... #p13859361

le.poke

Post by le.poke » 31 Aug 2015, 19:38

ok thank you ... but you have already responded to my question on PHPBB.com where my pseudo is pokyto